KYLIE Jenner and Travis Scott’s W magazine cover issue will be removed as the couple continue to receive backlash over the Astroworld tragedy.
Ten people died and hundreds were injured in a crowd crush as Travis performed at the festival at NRG Park in Houston, Texas earlier this month.
According to Page Six, the magazine is canceling the next edition after putting the Keeping Up With the Kardashians alum and popular rapper on the cover.
The cover, which also featured an interview with the famous duo, was shot and printed ahead of the Astroworld festival, however, as they have not yet shipped, the magazine is not moving forward.
A source told the outlet: “…In light of what happened at Astroworld, the interview and the cover lines seem inappropriate to say the least.”
Another insider told The Sun: “It was the decision of everyone involved not to focus on the December coverage that was planned out of respect for the families and individuals involved with Astroworld and to allow families to grieve. .”
The shocking incident happened on November 5, as the large crowd rushed to the stage as Travis performed.
Officials said the group began to “compress towards the front of the stage” around 9:15 p.m., which caused a panic.
Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said at the time that a “mass casualty incident” was triggered at 9:38 p.m. and investigations were ongoing.
Kylie, 24, reacted to the tragedy, as the pregnant star wrote on her Instagram Stories: “Travis and I are broken and devastated…
Read our Travis Scott Astroworld Festival live blog for all the latest news and updates…
“…I want to clarify that we were not aware of any deaths until the news came out after the show and in no world would we have continued filming or playing.”
Previously, a festival-goer exclusively told The Sun that they saw Kylie and her sister Kendall ‘walk past bodies after hiding in an enclosed space’ after the tragic stampede.
IN THE TRASH
Despite Kylie’s response, she’s still seeing backlash as her makeup products are thrown in the trash on TikTok.
A user of the platform shared a clip of herself holding a Kylie Cosmetics palette before throwing it in the trash.
She wrote on the short video: “Me after watching Kylie post videos about her ambulance story while people are dying. Girl bye.”
Kylie has since remained silent on social media since her response.
Travis, 30, also reacted to the incident, sharing a long video on his own Instagram Stories and saying, “I’m absolutely devastated by what happened last night.
“My prayers go out to the families and everyone who has been affected by what happened at the Astroworld Festival…”
Travis along with rapper One Dance Drake, who also performed at the festival, are now being prosecuted and charged with ‘inciting rioting and violence’ during the show.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?